Sunday, September 4, 2011

Change is Coming!

Our first and most exciting change is the arrival of our new baby! We are all eagerly awaiting his arrival and at 38 + weeks pregnant, it will be soon.

For the past couple of months, I have been slowly sorting through various rooms and closets in preparation for a move overseas which will be in January, Lord willing. A big advantage of moving frequently is that is that you have to sort through your things regularly. A move overseas means you need to give away a lot, and it has helped everyone in our family not get too attached to "our stuff." It also helps me to long for my eternal home. I don't like frequent moves and would prefer to settle in and stay somewhere for awhile. I wasn't made to be this transient, and someday I will be HOME.

Our lifestyle has also given God opportunities to show us what an amazing provider he is. We have set up a lot of homes from scratch, and it is amazing to see His faithful provision. He gives us what we need in terms of peace, friends, furniture, and on and on. It is truly mind boggling.

I have to consider the blessings because it is easy for my heart to complain and to feel overwhelmed by all the upcoming changes. But in this move, I have asked God to please give me the proper perspective on more change. He is showing me that He is giving me a chance to make Jesus my treasure. As I give away things, leave family and friends and a place which has been source of renewal and blessing this past year, home school support and resources, and etc., He is giving me an opportunity. Instead of doing it begrudgingly or out of a sense of duty, I can make it an act of worship and say in my heart "Jesus is more valuable to me than all of these things." Pray for me that I would do just that in the next months.

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field." Matthew 13: 44

No comments:

Post a Comment